- Satisfaction guaranteed with every order.
- Our shop guarantee payment. All prices are in USD.
- We hope your happiness and satisfaction are the first.
1. Key choice: falling tone B, C
2. The price listed is for a single hulusi in your choice of these keys.
3. Name: Professional Instrumental Performance Levelled Three-tone Detachable Sandalwood Hulusi
4. Material: Sandalwood
5. Specifications (approx.): 440*95mm/ 17.32 * 3.74in (falling tone B), 400*90mm/ 15.75* 3.54 in (key of C)
6. Weight(approx.): 190g (falling tone B), 170g(key of C)
7. Craft: laser engraving
WHAT IS HULUSI ?
The hulusi or cucurbit flute is a free reed wind instrument from China. It is held vertically and has three bamboo pipes which pass through a gourd wind chest; the center pipe has finger holes and the outer two are typically drone pipes. It is not uncommon for a hulusi to have only one drone pipe while the second outer pipe is merely ornamental. The drone pipe has a finger hole, which allows it to be stopped. Advanced configurations have keyed finger holes similar to a clarinet or oboe, which can greatly extend the range of the hulusi to several octaves.
The hulusi was originally used primarily in Yunnan province by the Dai ethnic group who call it ""bilangdao"""" and other ethnic-minority groups of southern China, but it has gained nationwide popularity throughout China, which is similar to the popularity of the harmonica in the West. And ""improved"""" versions have been produced outside of the indigenous realms. Like the related free reed pipe called bawu, the hulusi has a very pure, clarinet-like sound.
Although the hulusi is still predominantly performed in China, it has in recent years been adopted by European composers and performers. Rohan Leach from England, Rapheal De Cock from Belgium, Nadishana from Russia and Herman Witkam from the Netherlands have all taken the instrument in new directions.
Hulusi is made of natural materials, so the tone can't be very accurate. The control of breath in Hulusi playing is very important. The strength of the impact of the sound should be higher than the sound level. Under normal circumstances, the bass breath should be slightly stronger, and the treble breath should be weak.
- Estimated Delivery Time: US 10-20 Days; Worldwide 15-25 Days.
We truly believe we make some of the most innovative products in the world, and we want to make sure we back that up with a risk-free ironclad 30 day guarantee.
If you don't have a positive experience for ANY reason, we will do WHATEVER it takes to make sure you are 100% satisfied with your purchase.
Buying items online can be a daunting task, so we want you to realize that there is absolute ZERO risk in buying something and trying it out. If you don't like it, no hard feelings we'll make it right.
Please contact us if you need assistance.